Despite a notice filed with the state last week regarding potential layoffs of more than 400 workers at a Lawrenceburg Seagram facility, Pernod Ricard officials say it won't occur should the sale of the plant go through with CL Financial Group, scheduled for the end of June. CL plans to continue to operate the facility and plans to recruit all positions from the existing workforce, said Jack Shea, who sought to clarify a report in the Star. The WARN notice was issued by Pernod Ricard to comply with the legal requirements regarding workforce notification for shutdown or sale of a single facility and is not indicative of CL's hiring plans, the company says.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Pernod Ricard may not lay off more than 400 workers
Pernod Ricard USA, which filed a WARN notice with the state last week, isn't saying whether it will lay off more than 400 workers after it sells the Lawrenceburg. The Indianapolis Star provides an update in its afternoon business blast: